Many of our loyal users have submitted questions about our product. To help you make your decision, we have answered your questions here.
- What is the Sure Lock Bumper Systerm?
- The Sure Lock system was introduced in 2012 to offer a more secure fit in our wood frames and make the wood structure even stronger!
- Does the Octavo and College Edition Prop up?
- It does! All of these cases can be propped for viewing, just not on a slick surface. Please see our Contega case for multiple propping options.
- What is the difference between the Octavo and Contega?
- The Contega offers all the features of the Octavo, but includes a hidden pocket, the ability to prop up in multiple positions and is a more rugged build.
- What is the difference between the Graduate Edition and Octavo?
- All the same features, but the Graduate Edition is a Bindery Cloth case and the Octavo is a Spanish bonded leather cover.
- Does the College Edition case have a camera hole or magnet sensor?
- The Octavo and Contega have a camera hole and magnet sensor. The college edition is built with a budget in mind and does not include these features.
- Can I wrap the cases back for viewing?
- Yes, all of our iPad cases wrap back like a ‘paperback’, which also provides a natural angle for typing.
- Do I have usage of all functions on the iPad?
- Yes, all iPad cases are designed to allow for usage of each port. Please note that they are specifically designed for Apple products. Apple standard headphones, Apple iPad USB sync cables etc.
- How do I get my iPad out of your case?
- Start by simply lifting the PQ ‘book mark’ to loosen one corner. Then apply pressure to the sync cable area to gently nudge the iPad from the wood frame. Also see general questions about FIT.
- Do your iPad cases provide protection?
- Although we cannot warranty the protection of your iPad in our case, we're confident you will find our line of iPad cases to provide excellent damage protection. PLUS our design is so close to a real book that our cases provide excellent theft deterrence.
- Does each Kindle case fit a specific product?
- Yes, our cases for Kindle products are designed specifically for that product.
- Can I wrap the case back for paperback like reading?
- Yes, all of our cases our designed to have a full ‘paperback’ like spine.
- How do I get my Kindle out of your case?
- Start by simply lifting the PQ ‘book mark’ to loosen one corner of your kindle and gently remove. Also see general questions about FIT.
- Does the Kindle case provide protection?
- Although we cannot warranty the protection of your device in our case, we're confident you will find the cases for Kindle to provide excellent drop protection. PLUS our design is so close to a real book that our cases provide excellent theft deterrence.
- Can I talk on my iPhone while in the case?
- Right? We thought the same thing when we developed the first bindery case for the iPhone in the world. YES, in fact the case wraps all the way back, thereby providing an excellent shoulder prop allowing for hands free usage! You’ll love it.
- How do I get my iPhone out of your case?
- Start by simply lifting the PQ ‘book mark’ to loosen one corner of your iPhone/iPod and gently remove. Also see general questions about FIT.
- Does the iPhone case provide protection?
- Although we cannot warranty the protection of your device in our case, we're confident you will find the cases for iPhone/iPod’s to provide excellent drop protection. PLUS our design is so close to a real book that our cases provide excellent theft deterrence.
Macbook Air Cases
- Does each Cartella case fit my model of MacBook Air?
- The Cartella is made for the 2010, 2011 and the 2012 Macbook Air 11 and 13 inch models.
- Can I wrap the case cover back?
- Exactly! The design of the Cartella allows the spine to wrap all the way back, thereby creating a natural laptop stand. Sweet!
- How do I get my Macbook Air out of your case?
- Simply lift the macbook from the back to loosen from the case. Also see General Questions about FIT.
- Does the Cartella case provide protection?
- Although we cannot warranty the protection of your laptop in our case, we're confident you will find the Cartella to provide excellent drop protection. PLUS our design is so close to a real portfolio that our cases provide excellent theft deterrence.
- Is the case hand made?
- Yes! Every one of our cases is hand made here in Minneapolis, USA.
- Is the case made of real wood?
- Yes, every device frame we create is made from Russian baltic birch, a fast growing renewable species of hard wood. The wood is then finished with two coats of eco friendly water based urethane to provide a beautiful satin finish.
- I can see white glue on my case? Is that normal?
- It is! We use several different glues during our hand made build. Occasionally you can see glue lines around pockets or where the wood meets. This is completely normal and will lessen over time. We use this softer glue because hard drying glues would become too brittle and not stand up to the everyday use of our bookbindery cases.
- Can the wood crack or break?
- What sets our cases apart is the natural wood that is cut to 1/4000ths of an inch to perfectly hold your device. On rare occasion, yes, wood can break or split, but we have chosen Russian baltic birch because it’s amazing ease of repair. You can use any simple white glue or super glue to repair any crack or separation that could happen from incidental drops etc. Please note, PQ offers an inexpensive repair service. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- How do I care for my new case?
- Your P&Q case will wear like an old book if it is treated like the device inside, with common sense care. We ask that the case is not left in hot cars, exposed to extremely cold temperatures, used as a dog catching toy, exposed to a toddler's curiosity or any other activity that the device it carries could not live through. For cleaning, use a slightly damp cloth over the binding material. The birch wood is finished with an extremely hard eco friendly water based urethane. For any reason you spill on the wood or case simply use a damp cloth to clean the affected area. Over time binding material will wear like a favorite book, especially on the edges and in the creases....we love that!
- How soon will my case arrive?
- Our shipping times are listed on the site and are generally 1-2 business days from order date. Expected shipping times are always listed on the site. Priority Mail/Fedex Ground is 2-4 days from ship date and Express is next day from ship date.
- What shipping services do you use?
- For domestic you can choose USPS or Fedex. We also provide options for Ground or overnight.
- Do you ship International?
- We ship all over the world through USPS. We offer both Priority and Express International Shipping.
- Are there import fees in my country?
- Please check your local customs office for import fee’s as each country varies regarding taxes and duty fee’s.
- Does my case come with a warranty?
- Yes all PQ cases come with a 45 day warranty covering any manufacturing defect. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- What is your warranty?
- We warranty the cases from manufacturing defect for 45 days from delivery. If you receive and use your case and there are clear manufacturing related defects, please do not hesitate to contact us for a full refund or replacement. Our cases use the highest quality craftsmanship supplied with natural wood products and artistic binding material. Our cases smell like a real hand made book! There will be imperfections in the wood and variations of pattern with the bindery material that are part of a hand crafted product. Please note that with premium book bindery materials the creases will wear over time, depending on usage.
- What is your return policy?
- 30 Day Money Back Promise. Within 30 days you can return your case for any reason for a refund.
- Where do I send my returns?
- Please send returns to: Fulfillment at Pad&Quill, 2400 N. 2nd St., Suite 105 Mpls, MN 55411
- Can I change or add to my order?
- Yes, as long as the order has not been marked ‘Shipped’. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org any time or call 1-855-PQ-BOOKS (1-855-772-6657) during business hours for more change order help and information.
- How do I cancel my order?
- Please immediately contact email@example.com or call 1-855-PQ-BOOKS (1-855-772-6657) during business hours to cancel an order. Orders can be cancelled within 24 hours. Orders cannot be cancelled after this period, or after the carrier has picked up the shipment. Pad and Quill is not responsible for shipping costs associated with order cancellations or product returns.
- How do we contact you?
- You may email us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us during business hours (M-F 8am-5pm CST) at 1-855-PQ-BOOKS (1-855-772-6657).
We respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. We may collect personally identifiable information when you visit our site. We also automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page(s) you visited. We will not sell your personally identifiable information to anyone.
Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.