Many of our loyal users have submitted questions about our product. To help you make your decision, we have answered your questions here.
- What is the most rugged case? Our genuine leather cases are by far the most durable and come with a leather warranty to back that up! 25 years.
- What is the Sure Lock Bumper Systerm?
- Fumble Insurance. The Sure Lock system was introduced in 2012 to offer a more secure fit in our wood frames and make the wood structure even stronger! Works very well.
- Do you have self standing cases?
- We have two great options for self-propping cases, the Aria and the Contega. Two different and lovely approaches to self propping cases for the iPad.
- Does the Octavo/Graduate style Prop up?
- It does! All of these cases can be propped for viewing, just not on a slick surface. Please see our Contega case for multiple propping options.
- What is the difference between the Graduate Edition and Octavo?
- All the same features, but the Graduate Edition is a Bindery Cloth case and the Octavo is a Spanish bonded leather cover.
- Can I wrap the cases back for viewing?
- Yes, all of our iPad cases wrap back like a ‘paperback’, which also provides a natural angle for typing.
- Do I have usage of all functions on the iPad?
- Yes, all iPad cases are designed to allow for usage of each port. Please note that they are specifically designed for Apple products. Apple standard headphones, Apple iPad USB sync cables etc.
- How do I get my iPad out of your case?
- Start by simply lifting the PQ ‘book mark’ to loosen one corner. Then apply pressure to the sync cable area to gently nudge the iPad from the wood frame. Also see general questions about FIT.
- Do your iPad cases provide protection?
- Although we cannot warranty the protection of your iPad in our case, we're confident you will find our line of iPad cases to provide excellent damage protection. PLUS our design is so close to a real book that our cases provide excellent theft deterrence.
- Can I talk on my iPhone while in the case?
- Right? We thought the same thing when we developed the first bindery case for the iPhone in the world. YES, in fact the case wraps all the way back, thereby providing an excellent shoulder prop allowing for hands free usage! You’ll love it.
- Does the iPhone case provide protection?
- Although we cannot warranty the protection of your device in our case, we're confident you will find the cases for iPhone/iPod’s to provide excellent drop protection. PLUS our design is so close to a real book that our cases provide excellent theft deterrence.
- Does the camera and flash work in my case?
- All of our iPhone/iPod cases support camera, it can be a bit sneaky if you ask us. The Bella Fino also supports full camera and flash, the others do not.
- Does each Kindle case fit a specific product?
- Yes, our cases for Kindle products are designed specifically for that product.
- Can I wrap the case back for paperback like reading?
- Yes, all of our cases our designed to have a full ‘paperback’ like spine.
- How do I get my Kindle out of your case?
- Start by simply lifting the PQ ‘book mark’ to loosen one corner of your kindle and gently remove. Also see general questions about FIT.
- Does the Kindle case provide protection?
- Although we cannot warranty the protection of your device in our case, we're confident you will find the cases for Kindle to provide excellent drop protection. PLUS our design is so close to a real book that our cases provide excellent theft deterrence.
Macbook Air Cases
- Does each Cartella case fit my model of MacBook Air?
- The Cartella is made for the 2010-2013 Macbook Air 11 and 13 inch models.
- Can I wrap the case cover back?
- Exactly! The crafted design of the Cartella was to wrap the cover all the way back and create a natural typing angle. We know, awesome right?
- How do I get my Macbook Air out of your case?
- Simply lift the macbook from the back to loosen from the case. Also see General Questions about FIT.
- Does the Cartella case provide protection?
- Although we cannot warranty the protection of your laptop in our case, we're confident you will find the Cartella to provide excellent drop protection. PLUS our design is so close to a real portfolio that our cases provide excellent theft deterrence.
- Is the case hand made?
- Yes! Every one of our cases is hand made here in Minneapolis St. Paul or with our leather craft family in Leon.
- Is the case made of real wood?
- Yes, every device frame we create is made from Russian baltic birch, a fast growing renewable species of hard wood. The wood is then finished with two coats of eco friendly water based urethane to provide a beautiful satin finish.
- Can the wood crack or break?
- What sets our cases apart is the natural wood that is cut to 1/4000ths of an inch to perfectly hold your device. On rare occasion, yes, wood can break or split, but we have chosen Russian baltic birch because it’s amazing ease of repair. You can use any simple white glue or super glue to repair any crack or separation that could happen from incidental drops etc. Please note, PQ offers an inexpensive repair service. Please email us at email@example.com for more information.
- How do I care for my new case?
- Your P&Q case will wear like an old book if it is treated like the device inside, with common sense care. We ask that the case is not left in hot cars, exposed to extremely cold temperatures, used as a dog catching toy, exposed to a toddler's curiosity or any other activity that the device it carries could not live through. For cleaning, use a slightly damp cloth over the binding material. The birch wood is finished with an extremely hard eco friendly water based urethane. For any reason you spill on the wood or case simply use a damp cloth to clean the affected area. Over time binding material will wear like a favorite book, especially on the edges and in the creases...Impermanence is the cost of a real book
- How soon will my case arrive?
- Our shipping times are listed on the site and are generally same or next business day from order date. Priority Mail/Fedex Ground is 2-4 days from ship date and Express depends upon service chosen.
- What shipping services do you use?
- For domestic you can choose USPS or Fedex. With options for Priority, Ground or Express.
- Do you ship International?
- We ship all over the world through FedEx 2 day. Not kidding, 2 days. We have very good rates and if you order in stock items on Monday it is generally in UK or _____ by Thursday. (Please note import fee’s are your responsibility, we do not pay those!)
- Are there import fees in my country?
- Most likely, Yes! Please check your local customs website for import fee’s as each country varies regarding taxes and duty fee’s. You will not receive the package until these import fee’s are paid. Australia is one of the few that has no fee’s on orders under $800US.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee-30 Day Money Back Promise
It'd be nice if everything lasted a lifetime. It would also be nice if we didn't pay taxes. But some things never change – and neither will this guarantee. For the first 30 days, if you are not 100% satisfied with your Pad & Quill item, no matter what it is or why, send it back for a full refund.
25 Year Leather Warranty
Leather endures. Like Washington's soldiers at Valley Forge, leather marches on despite adverse conditions. Know what else is unrelenting? Pad & Quill leather bags and leather device covers. You'll depend on these items for 25 years. That' right, If one of these items fails during the two and a half decades due to a manufacturing defect, we failed – which is why we pledge to make it right with an exchange or repair.
Book Bindery Case Warranty
While the moments of a great story stay with you forever, all bound books wear away in time. The same is true of Pad & Quill book bindery cases. They're not built like a book, they are a book, making them prone to the same cracks, creases and distress. But unlike your favorite publishing house, Pad & Quill warranties our bindery work for 60 days against defects in manufacturing. Impermanence. It's the price of having a hand crafted soul.
Changes and Returns
- How do I return my product?
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a return. Once approved, you will be emailed with an RMA receipt. Place the RMA receipt in the box, with the product/s you're returning. Then mark your package "For Return" and send to: Fulfillment Dpt. Pad & Quill 2400 N. 2nd St., Suite 107 Minneapolis, MN 55411
- Where do I send my returns?
- Please send returns to: Fulfillment at Pad&Quill, 2400 N. 2nd St., Suite 107 Mpls, MN 55411
- Can I change or add to my order?
- Yes, as long as the order has not been marked ‘Shipped’. Please contact email@example.com any time.
- How do I cancel my order?
- Please immediately contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Orders can be cancelled within 24 hours. Orders cannot be cancelled after this period, or after the carrier has picked up the shipment. Pad and Quill is not responsible for shipping costs associated with order cancellations or product returns.
- How do we contact you?
- You may email us at any time at email@example.com.